Last Wednesday at church I was challenged while I heard Brother Johannes Escudero teach on "The Word" He talked about how if you are reading the bible you will begin to get revelation and understanding that does not have to be taught to you. He talked about how we all need to fall in love with the Word. He read the verse "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). I started thinking about how I like to sing the song Falling In Love With Jesus. Until last Wednesday night I thought that I had truly fallen in love with Jesus, but now I know that I was mistaken. I admit that I do not read my bible as much as I should. Bible reading should be a part of my daily routine. If I claim to have fallen in love with Jesus but have not fallen in love with the Word, then my claim to love Jesus is not true. If the Word is God and Jesus is God then I cannot possibly be truly in love with Jesus without being in love with the Word. Now that I have noticed a problem it is time to correct it...
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Falling in love with Jesus...Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Reading the word is definitely a wonderful benefit to this love affair, but you surely shouldn't discount that fact that you are in love with Jesus either because your Bible reading plans were not up to par. Thank God for teachable hearts to see things and change things. The fact that you responded the way you did proves you are in love with Him. Don't let anyone rob you of that.
Post a Comment